it was kind of considered a catastrophe that not a single item of free people clothing hung in my closet. what kind of fashion blogger would i be without something from this brand peaking through the layers of bargains and francescas finds, right? of course, you can count on me not to pay top dollar for designer digs, so when i found this sheer black beaded top (that usually goes for over $100) for only $45 at the nordstrom rack it was in my hands before you could say what a deal! im obsessed with the delicate sleeves, exotic geometric-esque print and depth of detail going on here. it almost has a slight peplum shape, or maybe thats wishful thinking since, no, i dont have any of that either. i know, i know. and being such a big fan of flirty sophistication with a subtle touch of sexiness, this pretty tee was perfect for a first free people purchase. and definitely wont be the last! i grabbed my black jeggings, color blocked bow clasped clutch, and cognac heeled sandals to compliment (and more importantly accentuate) the top, proof that the beadiful spring 2013 runway is in fact wearable everyday. especially for after work drinks with the girls or maybe to that night class you wish you never signed up for. who am i kidding, i wore the closest thing to pajamas i could find without feeling like i came in off the streets back when i was in college, but a girl can embellish cant she? crazy that it's almost been a year since i graduated!
any brands you finally bought recently?
top-similar ($150 free people)
pants + heels (see previous post here)
p.s. thank you to the always beautiful emily of emily magers photography for making me feel prettier than a free people tee in the way she captures a single moment and holds it still in edited bliss for eternity. you are amazing!! show your support and like the emily magers photography facebook page here.
p.s.s. come back for new posts every wednesday and sunday, but for daily updates in the meantime be sure to follow via instagram and twitter @megmagers
CHERISHED COMMENTER(S) OF THE WEEK
this sunday i want to especially thank gema of fashion frame for nominating my other closet is couture for the versatile blogger award! it means so much to be recognized in this way and know i am inspiring those who inspire me. i pass the torch to these terrific ladies who not only bring stunning style to my week but a smile (and urge to shop) as well. its your turn to 1. thank and link back to me 2. nominate fifteen of the sites you newly follow or consistently visit (or both) and 3. let them know about it on their newest post plus 4. tell us seven things about yourself.
14. sirma markova
15. and so it goes
*in no particular order
if you read my rambling posts youll find i disclose quite a bit about myself from week to week, but heres a few things i havent mentioned.
1. i have this frivolous fear that ill die and my parents will provide the news with ugly pictures of me. im also claustrophobic. and i am a worst-case-scneario thinker. most people believe "one in a million" odds are in their favor, but im too aware of lifes brevity and believe i could be that "one." but my biggest fear is alzhimers. living an entire life and then right at the end forgetting everything and everyone that filled it is the most depressing thing.
2. public restrooms freak me out, i have to use at least two toilet seat covers.
3. i actually get a little sad when i finish my breakfast in the morning because it tastes so good.
4. ive been mistaken for sarah roemer on more than one occasion. the girl from disturbia.
5. i still use my fingers to count
6. my boyfriend and i have lived together for six months and have yet to fill our picture frames with our personal photos. yep, we stare at fake families all day
7. other than a couple of award-winning short stories and a novel in the works, i also love to write songs. and i hate to say it but ive had a guitar sitting in my closet for over five years and have yet to learn how to play it. so all of my lyrics stay stagnant on the page. all, except this one:
thank you annalia alba of loveliaa for bringing music to my words! check out her beautiful handmade jewelry and floral headpieces here.
starting in july GFC is shutting down so,