"everything will be okay in the end. if its not okay, then its not the end"
one of betsey johnsons favorite quotes she told me herself after posing for a total best-friends-hugging shot for my iphone camera. i hugged betsey johnson. and i wish this event could have gone on endlessly forever but things were more than okay, they were pure perfection. so goodbye was inevitable and it breaks my heart just a little to put this experience behind me but any more info and my blog-full brain might burst!
something new i learned:
1. the technological side of running a website is just as important as the aesthetic side. "key" in "keywords" is there for a reason, they can open so many doors for traffic to flow through and to your post.
2. be versatile across all social platforms. dont post the same content on twitter, facebook, instagram, lookbook and chictopia, etc. mix it up and give your followers variety.
3. trope is the new black when it comes to eyeliner shades and finding your "signature look" applies to beauty not just poses and clothing pieces, etc. oh and bruce grayson is my new favorite person ever.
4. thin high heels were not made for walking. or sitting, or standing for that matter when it comes to a twelve hour day
5. water spills. and when it does all over your lunch its okay as long as the mini cupcake is salvaged.
i met so many pretty faces and initiated so many wonderful/helpful/insightful conversations and have a seriously long mental list of closet cravings. i gushed over free goodies, admired the creativity of countless business cards, and will no doubt be seeing the quick light of a camera flash for the rest of the week. theres just something so empowering about being sardined in one space surrounded by likeminded individuals who want to expand their mind, blog and soul. especially these lovely ladies below whose sites and personal styles stood out amongst the rest.
someone new to follow:
1. amber of every once in a style
2. whitney of see shop eat do
3. kellen of and so it goes
4. meghan of voila
5. brittany of brittanys notebook
we got to touch tacori jewelry, smell l'occitane's new spring scents, steal an ag + liberty london denim scarf, recharge with a dylan's candy bar sugar high and take home the heaviest, largest, swag/grab duffel. it was not a bag, you guys. this was luggage. below are few of many favorite amazing additions to my life.
some new stuff for free:
*could only find similar product
for day two i wore head-to-shorts francescas collections. i know i know, again. but the boutique is a beautiful one stop shop full of everything you need to complete a look. i knew i wanted to be fun, bright, and trendy so this coral-orange chevron blouse was a no-brainer, especially paired with the high wasted geometric/tribal print bottoms (loving the coral lined pockets, im all about the little details). i added a thin weaved metallic gold belt and gave a little glam boost with some bracelets and bling. grabbed my nude steve madden ankle strapped heels to keep it simple and a bright blue bag that caught my eye from across the room. one of my favorite puzzles in fashion is finding the perfect prints to mix it truly is an art and awesome/rewarding to see what you can come up with.
top ($40 francescas)
shorts-other ($35 francescas)
belt ($12 francescas)
bag ($40 francescas)
shoes ($80 shoe mall)
lilac bracelet ($25 bauble bar)
coral bracelet-similar ($30 bauble bar)
coral bracelet, thick-similar ($35 bauble bar)
ring-similar ($50 amrita singh)
p.s. thank you to my best friend and life-brightener emily of emily magers photography for taking photos worthy of the pages of lucky magazine and making this site beautiful and, more importantly, possible. i owe my experiences and any success to you and your talent.
AND THANK YOU FOREVER TO ALL OF YOU WHO VOTED! AGAIN AND AGAIN, THANK YOU.
p.s.s. dont forget to stop by tomorrow to see who the next cherished commenter of the week will be!
^^^this look has been featured as a top story on the lucky community homepage, please vote here